Your privacy is not for sale
We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Sifteo uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- for internal market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to third-party contractors that provide services to Sifteo and are bound by these same privacy restrictions; and
We limit the collection and use of personal information
Certain areas and features of sifteo.com are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information. However, other features of the Product or the Service may require registration, which involves provision to Sifteo of an email address and a password (collectively the "Registration Information"). In order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you can also provide additional details about yourself. From time to time we may request other personal information to provide you with other benefits of the Service. In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information, and it will be used only for the stated purpose. Sifteo may make anonymous or aggregate personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Organizations approved by Sifteo that conduct or consume research into education, learning, games or technology
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their game play performance or other usage statistics relative to the broader community.
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular Sifteo Offer;
- Such information does not identify you individually. Access to your Registration Information, Account Credentials, Account Information and any other personal information you provide is strictly restricted to Sifteo employees and contractors, as needed, and in accordance with specific internal procedures and safeguard governing access, in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. These individuals have been selected in accordance with our security policies and practices and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
When you visit sifteo.com or use the Product, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent with our Product. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Product design and functionality.
"Cookies" are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. Sifteo may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Sifteo may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, Sifteo may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular Sifteo Offer or to help better determine which Sifteo Offers to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Service may be impaired for you.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. Sifteo, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Product usage and improve the Service.
Third parties offering other products or services will not be given your personal information without your permission.
If you use a message board, blog, journal or any other method of posting user-generated content on our Site, you should be aware that any information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these areas.
Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sifteo reserves the right (and you authorize Sifteo) to share or disclose your personal information when Sifteo determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
Your data may be transferred upon acquisition of Sifteo but only in accordance with this Policy
You can transport or delete your data
Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. Sifteo keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers. We also reserve the right to use any aggregated or anonymous data derived from or incorporating your personal information.
Email communications from us
We reserve the to provide our registered customers with summaries of their Account Information and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Sifteo or third-party goods or services.
Sifteo subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our summaries and promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
Your data is secure
We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your data and to protect Sifteo accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
When you register for the Service, Sifteo requires a password from you for your privacy and security. This password is stored in an encrypted fashion on our systems.
However, it is important to understand that these precautions apply only to our Site and systems. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Login ID and Password
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at . We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to .
This policy was last updated on December 30th, 2010.